Foot and Ankle Clinic Denver
The foot and ankle are complex areas of the body that get repetitive use. As a foot and ankle specialist, MD Pain is a comprehensive practice focused on identifying and treating your foot and ankle pain. Our goal is to preserve your function and improve your comfort.
Common Foot & Ankle Pain Symptoms
Foot and ankle needs can be caused by many factors, such as a physical injury to muscles, bones, tendons, or nerve damage. Some symptoms that relate to foot, ankle, and heel pain include:
Injuries that do not improve with rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) may need further attention. If bone, blood, or tissue is exposed seek immediate medical attention. If there is severe swelling, redness, or bruising, or you are unable to place weight on your foot, seek immediate medical attention.
Foot, Ankle, and Heel Pain Causes
Foot and ankle pain can have a number of different causes. It is important to see an orthopedic foot doctor and get a proper diagnosis so that the correct foot and ankle treatments can be initiated. Some common causes of foot and ankle problems include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of foot and ankle pain. There are several different types of arthritis, but they all result in inflammation of the joints, which can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling. Bone spurs can also be caused by arthritis causing chronic pain.
- Bunions: Bunions are a deformity of the big toe joint that can cause pain and difficulty walking. They are often caused by wearing ill-fitting shoes.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis is a condition that results in pain in the heel and arch of the foot. It is often caused by overuse or improper footwear. This is why seeing a sports medicine specialist is critical.
- Achilles Tendonitis: Achilles tendonitis is an inflammation of the Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. An Achilles tendon injury can be painful and make it difficult to walk or run.
- Ankle Sprains: Ankle sprains occur when the ligaments that support the ankle are stretched or torn and are one of the most common ankle injuries.
Treatments for Foot, Ankle, and Heel Pain
Treating foot and ankle problems depends on the cause of the pain. This can vary from physical therapy and proper ankle care to a full gait analysis or using motion capture cameras to track foot and ankle movement. Proper foot and ankle care to treat foot pain is a priority for us. The physicians at MD Pain Sport, Spine, and Pain Management also work with Metro Denver area Podiatrists and ankle orthopedics if a foot or ankle surgery is required.
At MD Pain, we understand the frustration and discomfort that foot and ankle joint pain can cause. As a clinical motion analysis laboratory, we also know that foot and ankle pain is often caused by conditions that affect other parts of the foot that the foot interacts with.
That's why our multidisciplinary team of professionals specializes in treating all types of ankle pain. This includes both physical medicine and sports medicine, and often times we start with a full gait analysis. Whether it is caused by sports injuries, ankle sprains, arthritis, total ankle replacement surgery, or another condition.
Comprehensive Practice Focused on Foot and Ankle Pain
As a foot and ankle center, we offer a wide range of treatments, including physical therapy, orthotics, and injections. Our team of movement specialists will work to make sure our patients receive individualized care. If you are suffering from foot and ankle pain, don't wait any longer to get help. Contact MD Pain today to schedule an appointment with one of our ankle specialists.